We are excited to share some good news as we open our doors for the 2021 Winter and Spring climbing season. After more than seven months of postponing our adventures on the rocks, we can now climb with you again.
Amidst a lot of uncertainty, it has also been an enriching journey for us, having to adapt to the changes and complications that come with a global pandemic. We express our condolences to anyone who has been severely affected by Covid-19 and we do everything that is in our power to create more stable and safe times in the future.
And as we all do our parts to lower the number of outbreaks, we have been working together with the American Mountain Guides Association to collect resources on how to safely resume our operations. We have adapted special procedures for our guides and clients to manage the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. We encourage you to read our list of protocols below, and join us in flattening the curve and minimize risks. We have completed the COVID-19 compliance checklist issued by the state of California, and we are closely following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
General Business Practices
- We follow all National and State Park regulations that are formulated by our permit grantees and authorities.
- We encourage our guides to use conservative physical distancing behavior while not at work to reduce their exposure to COVID-19 and therefore the exposure to our clients.
- All staff will receive oversight/training and auditing by our management to insure they understand how to follow these guidelines, and those set forth by the county of San Diego, the CDC and the American Mountain Guides Association.
- Our staff will be supplied with the necessary personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies needed for the guidelines.
- No groups larger than 6 guests (if coming from different households). Private groups can be larger than 6
- Our guides take their temperature at the beginning of each climbing day, and will not report to work if they are symptomatic.
- Guides will have readily available hand sanitizer, cleaning products and extra face coverings on every climbing outing.
- Guides will also have a personal face covering on them at all times, and it will be worn when physical distancing is not feasible.
- Climbing group sizes will be limited based on the current group size guidelines recommended by the state.
- All rental equipment and bags used to transport rental equipment will be sanitized after each course.
- Food, water, drinks and snacks will not be provided or shared.
- Guides and clients will drive separately to the climbing location.
- Guides will sanitize their personal gear after each course.
- Guests should respect physical distancing guidelines and allow for appropriate space between other climbers and guides.
- Guests should wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- Guests should not touch their face while climbing or without first washing or sanitizing their hands.
- Guests should practice proper respiratory etiquette and not cough or sneeze without appropriately covering their nose and mouth.
- If a guest is sick, experiences symptoms of Covid-19, or has recently been in contact with a high-risk individual they should not book a trip.
- Guests are asked to report sickness with Covid-19. If that is the case, we will close operations for 48 hours and perform a deep clean on our climbing equipment. Guests will remain anonymous and no personal information will be released.
- Guests are encouraged to limit the number of climbing partners they climb with to either household members or to a select few partners.
- Guests are encouraged to cancel or reschedule their course if they are symptomatic, or have been in contact with a person who is known to be COVID-19 positive in the last 14 days.
- Face masks are required until San Diego and San Bernardino County Safety Guidelines change.
- Guests who participate in non-private trips are required to wear face and nose coverings and comply with physical distancing practices, whenever possible.
- Guests are encouraged to bring and use their own hand sanitizer.
- Guests are encouraged to bring and use their own climbing equipment if they own it.